RECIPE | Beetroot pancakes with eggs, bacon and maple syrup
The beta cyanin in beetroots is an antioxidant that speeds up detoxification of the liver, which enables alcohol to be turned into a less harmful substance and excreted at a much faster rate, making these beetroot pancakes the ultimate hangover breakfast
1. Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blitz until smooth.
2. Heat a little oil in a large frying pan.
3. Pour ladles of the batter into the pan and cook until you start to see little bubbles on the surface - this will take a minute or two.
4. Using a fish slice flip over the pancakes and cook for a further minute or so.
5. Transfer to a warm plate and cover tightly with foil. Continue until you have used all the batter.
6. Serve hot with the eggs, bacon and plenty of maple syrup.