Winter penne with mushrooms and pumpkin
What could make winter veggies even better than they arleady are? Pasta, that's what. Michael Diacono makes a simple pasta dish using winter veggies and plenty of cheese for the ulitmate winter pasta dish.
Penne with mushrooms and pumpkin
- 500g penne
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp butter
- Olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 200g pumpkin, diced
- 1 portobello mushroom, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper
- A few sage leaves
- 1 tbsp carob syrup
- Handful parsley
This recipe first appeared on Gourmet Today TV, aired on TVM on 7 January, 2017.
- Boil the penne in salted water with a bay leaf.
- Melt the butter in a pan with the olive oil and fry the onion with the garlic until soft.
- Add the pumpkin and the mushroom.
- Season with salt and pepper, add the carob syrup and a few leaves of sage.
- Add a little water from the pot and allow to simmer for a few mins.
- Add the pasta to the sauce, add the Parmesan and mix well.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately.