Everybody loves a bit of rocky road. Make yours a little bit more “Easter” with chocolate eggs.
Everybody loves a bit of rocky road. Biscuits, marshmallows and chocolate make the most incredible combination. To make these a little more “Easter” we added a variety of mini eggs – Oreo eggs, Kinder eggs and some white chocolate eggs – and topped it with halved Cadbury crème eggs. Get your kids to help you with this recipe. They will enjoy making it as much as they will eating it.
CHOCOLATE EGG ROCKY ROAD
- 150g salted butter
- 250g dark chocolate
- 150g milk chocolate
- 4 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 150g mini eggs (pick your favourite brand or a mixture)
- 150g mini marshmallows
- 150g Digestive biscuits, crushed into bits but not crumbs
- 150g white chocolate
- 8 Crème Eggs, cut in half
- Melt the butter in a stainless steel bowl placed on top of a small saucepan of barely simmering water. Be careful not to let the bowl touch the simmering water.
- When the butter starts to melt, add the dark and milk chocolate and the Golden Syrup.
- Once everything is melted, stir well to make sure everything is incorporated and the mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool for approx. 10 mins.
- Add the crushed Digestives, marshmallows and mini eggs and mix well.
- Line a baking dish baking paper and pour in the chocolate mixture pushing the mixture into the corners.
- Melt the white chocolate in a clean, stainless steel bowl over a pot of simmering water. Keep the temperature low, as white chocolate tends to seize more than the darker kinds.
- Pour the white chocolate over the top and place the halved Crème Eggs into the mixture.
- Allow to set for a couple of hours in the fridge.
- Remove from the fridge and cut into squares using a sharp knife. Clean the knife every time you use it to make sure the sides remain clean.