Tourism Minister calls out PN MP on ‘conflict of interest’
UAE to help Malta develop mobile applications for government services
'The world is changing and we need to adapt to new realities,' Muscat said.
10 February 2016, 11:40am
The MOU was signed by Environment Minister Leo Brincat and the UAE Minister for Cabinet Affairs, Mohammed Abdullah Al Gergawi. Present for the signing were Prime Minister Joseph Muscat and the Ruler of Dubai, Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
Principal permanent secretary Mario Cutajar, permanent secretary Joyce Dimech and MITA executive chairman Tony Sultana were also present.
Muscat said that today’s challenges require strong government leadership in order to harness technology and inspire innovative solutions.
“The world is changing and we need to adapt to new realities. Having government available 24/7 via mobile applications is the way forward,” Muscat said.
“This agreement represents a shared commitment to that strong leadership, and by pushing the boundaries of science and technology together, we can create a better future for everyone.”
The five areas of cooperation are:
• Innovation: To build a culture of innovation amongst Citizens, Government and Private Sector that will drive future innovation based on the pillars of Innovation-Enabling Environment, Innovation Champions and Innovation Priority Sectors.
• Education and Training in Public Administration: Develop collaborative arrangements and exchange programmes, in coordination with international institutions, for the provision of education and training to current and prospective public administration employees, with a view to address the needs of the public administration.
• Government key performance indicators: Assist Government through the sharing of knowledge and experience in instituting a culture of Key Performance Indicators across the different levels of national and organizational operations, through which targets are set and measures are taken for these targets to be achieved in order to improve government performance.
• SMART Government: Assess and evaluate opportunities for setting up a platform for a born-mobile suite of user-friendly government Apps and a framework for the transformation of current information systems to be mobile enabled and to provide a smart digital One Stop Shop for joined up government services.
• Accelerator Programme: Explore opportunities to synergise national investments to support Accelerators Programmes for start-up.
Court & Police
Hunter fined €2,000 for being in possession of a...
Follow us on Facebook