Back
Register for SMS Alerts
or enter your details manually below...
First Name:
Last Name:
Email:
Password:
Hometown:
Birthday:
Sorry, we couldn't find that email.
Existing users
Email
Password
Sorry, we couldn't find those details.
Enter Email
Sorry, we couldn't find that email.

Kevin Spacey dropped from film after fresh sexual allegations

Oscar winning Kevin Spacey has been replaced by Christopher Plummer in Ridley Scott's upcoming film 'All the Money in the World' amidst fresh sexual harassment allegations regarding a 'star-struck' 18-year-old 

9 November 2017, 8:31am
(Photo: the Sun)
(Photo: the Sun)
In the wake of fresh allegations of sexual harassment, Kevin Spacey has been replaced by Christopher Plummer in Ridley Scott’s upcoming film about oil magnate J Paul Getty, just a month before its release.

Sources close to the production of ‘All the Money in the World’ have said that Plummer began reshoots immediately following the release of new sexual harassment allegations against a teenage boy were directed at the Oscar winning actor, Spacey.

According to the report, all of Spacey’s scenes will be reshot, with co-stars Mark Wahlberg and Michelle Williams expected to participate.

Kevin Spacey (left) and Christopher Plummer
Kevin Spacey (left) and Christopher Plummer
The report came just hours after a former TV news anchor alleged that Spacey sexually assaulted her teenage son last year, at a restaurant in Nantucket, Massachusetts.

Heather Unruh claimed that her son, who was 18 at the time, was “star struck”, during a chance encounter with the actor at the bar in July 2016.

Spacey brought her son “drink after drink” and then stuck his hand down the drunk teen’s pants and “grabbed his genitals”.

Her son did not report the assault at the time, as he was embarrassed and scared, said Unruh. The family decided to come forward, she said, after others went public with allegations of sexual misconduct against Spacey and other celebrities.

“To Kevin Spacey, I want to say this: Shame on you for what you did to my son,” Unruh said, flanked by her daughter and lawyer Mitchell Garabedian, who has represented hundreds of clergy sexual abuse victims.

A lawyer for Spacey did not immediately respond to an email seeking comment Wednesday.

Spacey’s former publicist said last week that the actor was “taking the time necessary to seek evaluation and treatment”.

The trailer for ‘All The Money in the World’, which tells the story of the kidnapping of Getty’s 16-year-old grandson in Italy in 1973, shows Spacey as the fearsome patriarch who infamously refused to pay a ransom to secure the boy’s release.

 

The film was originally set to have its world premiere at the AFI Fest in Los Angeles on 16 November but was pulled amid the harassment reports surrounding Spacey, who has also been fired from House of Cards. It is now set for release on 22 December.