Police Commissioner’s kitchen catches fire, no one injured

Members of the Civil Protection Department were called to a private residence in Luqa after a fire broke out in the kitchen

Police Commissioner Lawrence Cutajar, holding a mug, stands outside his house (Photo: Chris Mangion/MediaToday)
Police Commissioner Lawrence Cutajar, holding a mug, stands outside his house (Photo: Chris Mangion/MediaToday)

Members of the Civil Protection Department were called to the private residence of Police Commissioner Lawrence Cutajar after a fire was reported in his kitchen.

No one was injured in the incident. Although police investigations are underway, prima facie evidence suggest that the fire was caused due to a short circuit.

A spokesperson for the police confirmed that their assistance was requested shortly after 5pm in Triq Guzeppi Ellul, Luqa.

More in Court & Police

Get access to the real stories first with the digital edition

Subscribe