Hotel guests evacuated after restaurant fire

One person treated for smoke inhalation after guests evacuated from Bugibba guesthouse

Guests had to be evacuated from a Bugibba guesthouse until firefighters put out a kitchen fire (Photo: CPD deputy director Peter Paul Coleiro)
Guests had to be evacuated from a Bugibba guesthouse until firefighters put out a kitchen fire (Photo: CPD deputy director Peter Paul Coleiro)

Hotel guests had to be evacuated in Buġibba after a fire broke out in the restaurant kitchen, the Civil Protection Department said.

The incident happened at around 6.15pm and although nobody was injured, one person had to be treated for smoke inhalation.

One person had to be treated for smoke inhalation (Photo: CPD deputy director Peter Paul Coleiro)
One person had to be treated for smoke inhalation (Photo: CPD deputy director Peter Paul Coleiro)

The fire is understood to have started in the kitchen at Buccaneers guest house. It was extinguished soon after.

The CPD thanked the police and the medical team from Mater Dei Hospital for the assistance provided.

More in National