Maltese man, 45, missing in Libya

Government says authorities doing their utmost to obtain more details on the case

Tripoli is at the centre of a conflict between forces backed by the Tobruk government, and Tripoli leaders of the GNC
Tripoli is at the centre of a conflict between forces backed by the Tobruk government, and Tripoli leaders of the GNC

A Maltese national, 45, has been reported missing in Libya on Thursday.

The government said the man was last in Tripoli.

The government said that the authorities were doing their utmost to obtain more details on the case.

It reiterated its warning against all travel to Libya and asked for cautiousness for the case to be solved in a positive manner.

As Libya remains an unsafe place, the Maltese government kept its travel advice in place. A Maltese oil worker was last year abducted by a Libyan militia and was released unharmed two weeks later.

In March, nine workers working for an oil services company based in Qormi were kidnapped at the al-Ghani oilfied. They had been seized by militants allied to the Islamic States.

Three of the workers were released a few weeks later and evacuated to Malta.

More in National