Woman and infant hospitalised after fire in St Paul's Bay apartment

The fire was brought under control by firefighters, but two persons were hospitalised for smoke inhalation

A fire has been reported in an apartment in St Paul's Bay. (Photo: James Bianchi/MediaToday)
A fire has been reported in an apartment in St Paul's Bay. (Photo: James Bianchi/MediaToday)

A woman and an infant have been admitted to hospital after a fire broke out in a St Paul's Bay apartment.

Sources said that the two were hospitalised for smoke inhalation, with firefighters having now brought the fire, which occurred in a flat in Triq San Publiju, under control.

Residents living close to the apartment said they heard an explosion and the sound of windows shattering.

(Photo: James Bianchi/MediaToday)
(Photo: James Bianchi/MediaToday)

Two pets were also said to have been rescued from the apartment.

More information to follow.

(Photo: James Bianchi/MediaToday)
(Photo: James Bianchi/MediaToday)

More in National

Get access to the real stories first with the digital edition

Subscribe