Brittany Murphy and husband Monjack died of 'absurd' conditions

Actress Brittany Murphy, who died late last year, followed by the death of her husband this year, was not killed by a toxic mould found in their home, according to a statement by Murphy’s mother.

Sharon Murphy, Brittney’s mother, said their deaths could not have been caused by the mould discovered in the couple’s Hollywood home, and their deaths were “absurd”.

It was recently revealed that a type of black mould had been discovered by health officers in the couple’s home, where Sharon Murphy still lives.

"I have never been personally asked by the coroner or anyone from the health department to come and inspect my home for mould.” Sharon Murphy said.

In December 2009, Brittany Murphy collapsed and died in the shower of her home, reportedly from pneumonia complicated with the use of prescription drugs. Less than five months later, Murphy’s screenwriter husband Simon Monjack, 40, died of the same causes in the same house.

Speculation arose that something from within the couple’s home could have caused their deaths. Mould poisoning affects many people of all ages, and could range from a rash to neurological damage or death.
 

More in Entertainment