Back
Register for SMS Alerts
or enter your details manually below...
First Name:
Last Name:
Email:
Password:
Hometown:
Birthday:
Sorry, we couldn't find that email.
Existing users
Email
Password
Sorry, we couldn't find those details.
Enter Email
Sorry, we couldn't find that email.

Updated | Mother and daughter caught in house fire in Zurrieq

The mother is in serious condition, the police's communications office confirmed

amy_micallef_decesare
Amy Micallef Decesare
14 September 2017, 1:37pm
Last updated on 14 September 2017, 2:03pm
Members of the Civil Protection Department were called in to control the fire
Members of the Civil Protection Department were called in to control the fire
A 37-year-old woman and her daughter, 8, were taken to Mater Dei hospital after a fire broke out in their residence.

Police were informed of the blaze at around 11:30 this morning, on Vjal il-Blue Grotto, Zurrieq. The fire broke out in the washroom, reportedly caused by a spin dryer.

While the condition of the child is not yet known, the mother's condition has been described by police as serious.

They were hospitalised for smoke inhalation.